Thank you Douglas mortuary, everything you did for us was beautiful i dont know his name whoever helped maybe Miguelangel he was in charge for my sister which is a tough time for our family and he was so kind and patient, her son who has autism was there and he treated him with such patient I’ve ever seen he was very understanding and calm. We’ve gotten these services 5 years ago for my brother but never received as much kindness from others like him. Thank you Douglass mortuary. Definitely the best mortuary ever.
Whether you are looking to plan traditional cremation services or you prefer to have direct cremation services, you should look for a local cremation service near Downey. Not only will you get more personalized service when making cremation arrangements if you choose a local cremation service provider, but you are more likely to get better cremation pricing, too.
There are a variety of memorial services that accompany a simple cremation, but not all families choose to have a formal memorial service. If you prefer to hold formal, more traditional memorial services then you should look into a traditional service plan offered by the Downey cremation company.
Traditional service plans include everything needed for complete cremation services at the local crematorium. A cremation provider can help you plan the exact details during a cremation consultation, but in general, a traditional funeral service will have the following:
- Assistance from the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the deceased to the funeral home
- Embalming, dressing, and arranging in a casket
- Viewing and visitations services
- Funeral ceremony and use of the chapel
- Private cremation services at the crematory
Cremation companies also offer direct cremation services for families who choose not to have any memorial services such as viewing and visitation services, funeral ceremonies, or internment services.
Direct cremation services are unscheduled by the Downey crematory. The highly trained staff at the crematory will perform direct cremation service steps that include:
- The mortuary will get permission from the family for cremation services to begin.
- Positive identification will need to be made by a family member if the next of kin was not present at the time of passing. If there was a family member with the deceased at the time of passing then this step may be skipped.
- The mortuary will transfer the body of the deceased to the crematorium for a simple cremation.
- The cremation service provider will place an identification tag with the body of the deceased at the time of arrival at the crematory. This tag will help to identify the deceased’s remains for the duration of the cremation service in Downey.
- The cremation company will perform a single cremation in the cremation chamber. At no time will multiple cremations take place in the same cremation chamber at the same time.
- Following the Downey cremation services, the cremation service provider will collect the remains of the deceased and place them in a temporary cremation urn.
- The remains will be returned to the mortuary so that they can be released to the family.
- If desired, the family may choose to have the cremated remains placed into one or more cremation urns.
The best choice for cheap cremation is to have direct cremation services; however, there are other ways to plan a low-cost cremation with memorial services.
Cremation companies that offer local cremation near you know how difficult it can be to make cremation arrangements at the time of the passing of a loved one. This is why many Downey cremation companies have put together packages that not only make planning easy but give clients the opportunity to receive discounted services.
Most cremation companies will have a traditions services package for cremation. This will include everything needed for the private cremation as well as selected memorial services. There may also be a basic package, too. This would include private cremation and commitment services. Finally, they can work with you for cheap and direct cremation services if no memorial services are wanted.
Another way to make affordable plans is to get help with pre-planning your cremation. There are many benefits to pre-planning your cremation. The first benefit is that your family will know your wishes at the time of your death. They will not have the burden of making choices that can be difficult or uncomfortable because they will be given your final wishes.
The second benefit to pre-planning your cremation is that the cost will be lower at the time you make the prepayment versus what it would be at the market price at the time of your passing. In addition to getting the best price for your cremation, you will ensure that your family will not have to pay more for the cremation service arrangements. This is very beneficial when you take into consideration what inflation could do to the cost of cremation services over time.
You should want the Douglas Famly Mortuary to assist with your cremation needs in Downey. They are locally owned and have served the local community in Downey for over eighty years. Three generations have made a commitment to providing quality cremation services at affordable prices. Contact Douglas Family Mortuary for a cremation service consultation for at-time cremation services or pre-planning your cremation.